We are looking for an experienced PHP Developer to assist in the design and implementation of new software systems and applications.
Our ideal candidate for the PHP Developer position is one who can articulate the attributes of full life cycle development and identify the requisite qualities to manifest them; it will be their responsibility to consistently demonstrate these qualities in their daily work as a developer and maintainer of WHMCS products and as a member of the Development Department.
If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions that enable quality software development, we'd like to meet you.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and refactors existing code to perform for effectiveness, efficiency, and usability
- Creates code for WHMCS products and internal systems used to support, distribute or maintain those products
- Creates and expands the catalog of automated tests & testing plans along with the test suites & testing environments
- Documents code changes and creates customer-facing copy
- Participates in software design meetings and works with other developers on projects
- Demonstrates leadership by mentoring other developers, as well as other staff, to better understand both implementation and design aspects of development and WHMCS software
Additional Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to coding and development standards and practices provided by WHMCS
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Mentoring skills - able to provide guidance to other developers with regards to design and code review, implementation, tool help, process understanding, WHMCS code base
- Oral Communication - able to communicate orally in a professional and effective manner with a wide range of people
- Written Communication - able to communicate effectively in all written work
- Team Work skills - able to work effectively as part of a team
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively, able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Planning/Organizational skills - use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-directed manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Problem solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgement on a regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers in a professional and effective manner
- Math knowledge - knowledge of arithmetic and algebra
- Product life cycle knowledge - strong understanding of product development process and continuous deployment process
- Technical skills
- Development tool expertise with Git; Linux command line and shell; unit testing; bug tracking & workflows; IDEs
- Expertise in three or more of the following: Web Servers (apache, LiteSpeed); Mail Servers (Exim, Sendmail, etc);DNS Servers (BIND); Linux Filesystems; Docker; jQuery; Codeception
- Able to successfully and efficiently perform code reviews according to the code standards of WHMCS
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Education/Experience - High School diploma or equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Five years of Linux / *nix system troubleshooting or a related certification (RHCE)
- Five years of PHP development experience
- Travel - Occasional local and/or overnight travel may be required, some by interstate air. If working remotely, this role requires travel onsite in Houston, Texas, at least once a year
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds; Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
WHMCS is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be require.
WHMCS offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package with several options to help you care for yourself and your family. You can look forward to perks like a casual work environment, complimentary snacks, and much more!
- Catered lunch every day
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Generous Matching
- Free Cell Phone